Wednesday, May 25, 2005

My Poem "Suicide" to be Published

Hi everyone,

I am on a high today, I have just received confirmation that my poem "Suicide" has now reached the finals of the International Open Poetry Contest to be held in June 2005 and that's not all. My poem "Suicide" is also to be published in their Summer Anthology "Eternal Portraits". I really can't believe it. I sent back my permission slip immediately as this will mean more publicity for my writing. This is my 3rd poem to be published by the International Poetry Library - you can find my poems on http://www.poetry.com , just search for Amanda Evans. You will receive a huge listing. My poems are titled "Withered Love" - this was published in a book titled "Tender Moments" in September 2001 (my first publication), "Birth" and "Suicide" - both of these poems are to be included in the Eternal Portraits Anthology.

I do have a question however, exciting as it may be to have my work in print I sometimes wonder do companies like these just publish anthologies to make money. I have been asked to purchase a copy of the anthology for $49.95 plus $11.00 shipping (and this is the authors discounted rate) and I am wondering if it is just a gimmick for them to make some extra money. I did purchase a copy of Tender Moments back in 2001 and I have to admit that the book is really well made but I just feel like $60.00 is alot to pay for just one book. What do you think?

Would you be prepared to pay?

I would love to hear your thoughts on this,

Till next time,

Amanda.

No comments:

Post a Comment